|Cactopinus depressus (female)||Cactopinus depressus (male)|
|Cactopinus depressus (male)||Cactopinus depressus (male)|
Cactopinus depressus (female) (by TH Atkinson ).
- Cactopinus depressus Bright 1967. Can. Ent. 99: 921
Numbers in parentheses after each geographic unit are the number of distinct collection events in the database for that unit. For exotic species generally only countries are listed for localities outside the New World. For further information on published sources of distribution, check the REFERENCES section.
- North America (5)
México (5): Hidalgo (1), Nuevo León (2), San Luís Potosí (2);
Numbers in parentheses after each host family, genus, or collection method are the number of distinct collection events in the database for that host or method.
- Agavaceae (5) Yucca (5): no species data (1), sp. (4);
The following are important recent monographs, catalogs, and supplements to catalogs that refer to this species. The specific page on which the reference is made is shown in pink at the end of the reference. In the case of Wood (1982) and Wood & Bright (1992) clicking on the reference page will link to a digital version of the work in question.
- Wood, S.L. 1982. The bark and ambrosia beetles of North and Central America (Coleoptera: Scolytidae), a taxonomic monograph. Great Basin Nat. Mem. 6:1-1356. . (data capture complete)
- Wood, S.L., Bright,D.E. 1992. A catalog of Scolytidae and Platypodidae (Coleoptera), Part 2. Taxonomic Index. Great Basin Nat. Mem. 13:1-1553 (vol. A, B). 
The following are references from which host and distribution data have been input into the database. If one of the above monographs or catalogs also appears in this list, it means that most relevant collection event data have been included.
- Atkinson, T.H. 2010. New species and records of Cactopinus Schwarz with a key to species (Coleoptera: Curculionidae: Scolytinae). Zookeys 56: 17-33.
- Bright, D.E. 1967. A review of the genus Cactopinus with descriptions of two new species and a new genus (Coleoptera: Scolytidae). Can. Entomol. 99: 917-925.
- Wood, S.L. 1969. Additions to the horned bark beetle genus Cactopinus Schwarz (Scolytidae). Coleopterists Bull. 23(1): 42-51.
- Wood, S.L. 1982. The bark and ambrosia beetles of North and Central America (Coleoptera: Scolytidae), a taxonomic monograph. Great Basin Nat. Mem. 6: 1-1356.
Maps automatically open at the center of the plotted points and the scale is set to encompass all map points. Maps can be resized (scale bar at upper left) and the center moved (place cursor over map and drag) to see other parts of the distribution of the species. Clicking on a map marker will pull up collection event data and a literature citation if present. If any errors are found, please refer to the "series code" which is a unique identifier for a database record in any communications). Coordinates have not been entered for all collection records. Localities outside the New World are not plotted, even though they are listed in the distribution summary and in the table of records.
|1->||México, Hidalgo, Ixmiquilpan, 25 km N ; 10/VII/1967; Wood, S.L.; Agavaceae: Yucca||[USNM (121) (Wood, S.L. 1982: 644) (Wood, S.L. 1969: 51)]|
|2->||México, Nuevo León, Hwy 57, 7 mi S. San Roberto Jct.; 20/VI/1983; O'Brien, C.W.; O'Brien, L.B.; Marshall, G.B.; Agavaceae: Yucca sp.||[FSCA (10) (Atkinson, T.H. 2010: 31)]|
|3->||México, Nuevo León, Mier y Noriega, 12 km NW; 10/XI/1976; García, A.; A.N.; Agavaceae: Yucca sp.||[FSCA (1) (Atkinson, T.H. 2010: 31)]|
|4->||México, San Luís Potosí, Salinas Hidalgo, 40 km al N; 14/I/1984; Atkinson, T.H.; Agavaceae: Yucca sp.||[TAMU (6) (Atkinson, T.H. 2010: 31)]|
|5->||México, San Luís Potosí, San Luis Potosí, 73 km N; 2/IX/1958; Mockford, E.; Agavaceae: Yucca sp.||[CNC (1: holotype, male) (Wood, S.L. 1982: 644) (Bright, D.E. 1967: 921)] [CNC (1: paratype(s), male) (Wood, S.L. 1982: 644) (Bright, D.E. 1967: 921)]|
Return to top of page