Hylocurus spadix (male) (by TH Atkinson ). holotype Hylocurus spadix Blackman.
- Hylocurus spadix Blackman 1928. Bull. NY State Coll. For. 25: 188
Numbers in parentheses after each geographic unit are the number of distinct collection events in the database for that unit. For exotic species generally only countries are listed for localities outside the New World. For further information on published sources of distribution, check the REFERENCES section.
- North America (8)
United States (8): Delaware (1), Illinois (1), North Carolina (1), Pennsylvania (3), Tennessee (1), Texas (1);
Numbers in parentheses after each host family, genus, or collection method are the number of distinct collection events in the database for that host or method.
- Juglandaceae (2): Carya (2): sp. (2);
- trap (6) (3): alpha pinene + ethanol (3); Lindgren Funnel (3): alpha pinene + ethanol (1), ethanol (1), P. quercivorus lure (1);
The following are important recent monographs, catalogs, and supplements to catalogs that refer to this species. The specific page on which the reference is made is shown in pink at the end of the reference. In the case of Wood (1982) and Wood & Bright (1992) clicking on the reference page will link to a digital version of the work in question.
- Wood, S.L. 1982. The bark and ambrosia beetles of North and Central America (Coleoptera: Scolytidae), a taxonomic monograph. Great Basin Nat. Mem. 6:1-1356. . (data capture complete)
- Wood, S.L., Bright,D.E. 1992. A catalog of Scolytidae and Platypodidae (Coleoptera), Part 2. Taxonomic Index. Great Basin Nat. Mem. 13:1-1553 (vol. A, B). 
The following are references from which host and distribution data have been input into the database. If one of the above monographs or catalogs also appears in this list, it means that most relevant collection event data have been included.
- EDRR 2011. USFS Early Detection Rapid Response Database. http://www.fs.fed.us/invasivespecies/earlydetection.shtml/.
- EDRR 2014. USFS Early Detection Rapid Response Database. http://www.fs.fed.us/invasivespecies/earlydetection.shtml/.
- Helm, C.; Molano-Flores, B. 2015. New Records of Native and Non-Native Bark and Ambrosia Beetles (Coleoptera: Curculionidae: Scolytinae) in Illinois. Great Lakes Entomol. 48(3-4): -137.
- Wood, S.L. 1982. The bark and ambrosia beetles of North and Central America (Coleoptera: Scolytidae), a taxonomic monograph. Great Basin Nat. Mem. 6: 1-1356.
Maps automatically open at the center of the plotted points and the scale is set to encompass all map points. Maps can be resized (scale bar at upper left) and the center moved (place cursor over map and drag) to see other parts of the distribution of the species. Clicking on a map marker will pull up collection event data and a literature citation if present. If any errors are found, please refer to the "series code" which is a unique identifier for a database record in any communications). Coordinates have not been entered for all collection records. Localities outside the New World are not plotted, even though they are listed in the distribution summary and in the table of records.
|1->||United States, Delaware, Dover; 23/IV/2009; Gladders, G.; trap alpha pinene + ethanol||[unknown (2) (EDRR 2011: 0)]|
|2->||United States, Illinois, MacArthur Woods Forest Preserve; 14/VI/2010; Helm, C.; Molano-Flores, B.; trap: Lindgren Funnel ethanol||[INHS (1) (Helm, C.; Molano-Flores, B. 2015: 146)]|
|3->||United States, North Carolina, Tryon; Fiske, W.F.; Juglandaceae: Carya sp.||[USNM (1: holotype, male) (Wood, S.L. 1982: 618)]|
|4->||United States, Pennsylvania, Linglestown; 2/VIII/1913; Hopkins, A.D.; Juglandaceae: Carya sp.||[USNM () (Wood, S.L. 1982: 618)]|
|5->||United States, Pennsylvania, Mt. Gretna; 2/IV/2009; Spichiger, S.; trap alpha pinene + ethanol||[unknown (1) (EDRR 2011: 0)]|
|6->||United States, Pennsylvania, York; 2/IV/2009; Rebert, S.; trap alpha pinene + ethanol||[unknown (1) (EDRR 2011: 0)]|
|7->||United States, Tennessee, Shelby Co.; 26/III/2013; trap: Lindgren Funnel P. quercivorus lure||[TAMU (2) (K. Metz-2013, unpublished) (TH Atkinson-2013, unpublished)]|
|8->||United States, Texas, Houston; 5/IV/2013; Marquez, S.; trap: Lindgren Funnel alpha pinene + ethanol||[unknown (1) (EDRR 2014: 0)]|
Return to top of page